Ngahiwi Supplementary CMR is formulated for Dairy Farmers to either fortify whole milk or as a stand-alone powder for colostrum-proven calves from week 3 onwards.
Ngahiwi Supplementary CMR combines well-balanced milk-protein & fat-level milk powders with probiotics, prebiotics, vitamin & mineral premix and a coccidiostat.*
Ngahiwi Supplementary CMR is a non-curding milk powder and is only recommended as a stand-alone powder from 14 days of age, where a calf has had both adequate colostrum, vat milk or a curding CMR like Ngahiwi Premium.
How To Feed Your Calf With Ngahiwi Supplementary
|Week||Feeds per day||Litres||Mix rate||Meal per day|
|7-10||Wean off milk|
- Cow’s milk contains 125 - 150g milk solids. 600g should be fed in a once-a-day feed program
- CMR mix rate/concentration of 200g per litre throughout rearing
- Mix Supplementary CMR separately before adding to vat milk
- Add CMR to 40° Celsius warm water and cool until 36° before feeding
- Calf can be weaned off milk at 65kg, if meal concentration is increased to ad-lib
*Ngahiwi Additives - The Complete CMR
Ngahiwi Supplementary CMR includes a comprehensive Premix with essential vitamins and minerals. Optimum health and growth are also promoted by the added inclusion of probiotics, prebiotics, essential oils and an anticoccidial.
The Three Q's Of Colostrum
Colostrum intake directly affects a calf’s health outcome and growth. Colostrum-deprived calves have little or no immunity to the many pathogens in their environment.
Remember the three Q’s...
QUALITY: Feed calves with quality colostrum from mature cows
QUANTITY: Minimum 3 litres over two feeds in first 6 hours
QUICKLY: As soon as possible, and at latest 6 hours after birth
Typical Product Analysis
View Ngahiwi Farms Product Guide PDF (3.16 MB)